Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Winter 5K: The Mardi Gras 5K

I did it! ... in 32 minutes and 53 seconds... which comes out to an average pace of 10:31 min/mile, my best time yet!! The Mardi Gras 5K was pretty hilly, and with the afternoon sun shining brightly on our necks, it was also a pretty hot and sweaty run! (yes, like, gross.) The race started at 4:00 PM, which was a little unusual since the past couple of runs I've finished always started very early in the morning. It was nice not having to wake up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday morning, but for an afternoon run, I think I would have liked an extra hour to digest my lunch... or, maybe I should have eaten a little lighter =) ... because my sides were starting to cramp up towards the end. Lesson learned - Don't eat that extra turkey sandwich, even if it is just a couple of thin slices of turkey and no cheese, and allocate 4 FULL hours of digestion time, not a measly 3.5 hours. =) All in all, it was a fun event, and I'm glad I finished it in the time that I did. Now, it's time to kick it into gear and start focusing on the 10K!

New Year's Resolutions Update:
  • Run a 10K race - Capitol 10K (March 30, 2008) - Registered
  • Run a 5K race every 3 months
    • Spring 5K
    • Summer 5K
    • Fall 5K
  • Read all the Harry Potter Books
    • Book 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
      - Done, 1/6/2007
    • Book 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
      - Done, 1/14/2007
    • Book 3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
      - Done, 2/1/2007
    • Book 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
      - Currently reading
    • Book 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
    • Book 6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
    • Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • Go snowboarding again

1 comment:

DLam said...

Good job Amy. Congratulations! Very proud of you.