Tuesday, February 5, 2008

3.02 miles - 40:11 minutes
Average pace: 13:18 min/mile

Okay, let me explain this poor performance. Yes, I am disappointed that I'm running at a 13:18 min/mile pace after nailing a 10:31 min/mile pace at the 5K this past Saturday... but today, I felt really stiff because I took Body Pump on both Sunday and Monday. I'm not supposed to take Body Pump on two consecutive days, but the training program I started has Mondays down for "Stretch & Strengthen," and I just wanted to start the week off right. =) I thought I could squeeze in another Body Pump class if I kept the weights light, but I guess they weren't light enough. Also, I think when I do my usual runs during the week, I tend to run slower because 1) I'm running by myself, so I don't have anyone to help me pick up the pace, and 2) I'm running right when I get out of bed (around 7:15 AM) and I'm tired. Oh well. Excuses, excuses! My next run is on Thursday. It's going to be a short 2-mile one, which I plan on taking right after a 5:30 AM Body Pump class, so I'm not sure if I can improve my pace... but for this 10K, I'm not too worried about speed than I am about finishing the darn thing!

Here's my training program: http://www.halhigdon.com/10ktraining/10knovice.htm
I'm starting on Week 4, which I think more closely matches where I'm at right now.

No comments: