Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Tuesday Morning Run

This morning, I ran 3.02 miles in 36:29 minutes, averaging a pace of 12:05 min/mile.

Remember how I said I run an average pace of 13:45 min/mile? Well, yeah, weird!! I thought I ran at that pace... but I think wearing a stop watch during my run this time might have helped. I noticed that I picked up the pace whenever I glanced at my watch and saw how much time had passed, especially in the last stretch when I sprinted (uphill!) to try to finish my run in less than 40 minutes. I guess I'll keep on wearing the stop watch and see what happens. I hope this improvement isn't a fluke!!!

While I was running today, I was thinking about how I really enjoy running in the mornings. Considering how I'm not a morning person at all, I thought I'd hate morning runs, but I actually prefer it now. I think it's because it forces me to put in some "me time" first before I do anything else for the day. Then, when I go off to work, my job becomes a little easier to deal with because I know it's not consuming all of my life anymore. Weird how things work out that way. Good exercise and no dragging feet to work. This is a really nice combination to have in my life right now. =)

1 comment:

DLam said...

I love it. This is awesome Amy. I too understand the morning run and its benefits to kickstarting the day. Its a wierd concept to be up so early to endure pain but its the mental state you're in during and afterwards thats so rewarding.