Monday, December 3, 2007

Welcome Me!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am far from possessing any athletic finesse, high physical endurance, or even decent hand-eye coordination. However, since July 30th of this year, I've been sticking to a regular running training program (ahem, for novices, thank you), and since then I've completed my first 5K in November, and am now training for a relay in December where I'll be running a 5-mile leg. (... and it's THIS weekend!!) ... These are baby steps for some, but huge gimongous leaps for a weakling and physically awkward person like me.

I've noticed that while I run, at the average lightening speed of 13:45 min:sec/mile, I find myself drifting off to a daze (hence the name of this blog) on all sorts of random things, whether it be on why the heck I'm even running in the first place... or what I need to get done at work today... or even how I'm going to manage to look sweet and delicate in a (very cute, but not sure how it's going to look on me) baby doll-style bridesmaid dress for a wedding in September. So, I've created this blog not only to track my progress and thoughts on running, but also to write down any thoughts that come up during or in between my runs. Hopefully, I'll continue running for a long time, but if not, I hope to at the very least come across (or, "run across" hardy har har..) some interesting things worth jotting down for myself.

Wish me luck! =)

1 comment:

DLam said...

You'll do fine. Trust me. Im really proud of you, seriously.