Wednesday, December 5, 2007

So tired...

Usually on Wednesday evenings, I try to make it out to Gold's Gym to take their Body Pump class. It's a full-body weight training class - with music. It's a really fun way to get toned, but today I'm way too tired. I would normally tell myself to "man up," but today's been a physically strenuous day at work. Plus, I really don't want to accidentally overdo something and be too sore to run this week. I just have one run left (2 miles tomorrow morning) before the White Rock relay on Sunday.

Work today was interesting. Every year, my co-workers on my hallway engage in a friendly "competition" of holiday decorating with the other hallways in our building. And today was that time of year again. Our theme this year is "The Twelve Days of Winter" - We can't have any religious references at work, so we're censoring "Christmas." (ha, what a strange thought.) We have 12 offices on our hallway, and each office door has a verse... I got the "Three French Hens," so naturally I decorated my door with three brown hens in matching red berets standing in front of the Eiffel Tower, all crafted with construction paper, courtesy of Pflugerville ISD, thanks to my teacher-sister. =) Anyway, I didn't think this whole theme would be so much work, but we had to put up about a hundred little music notes and arrange them to match the sheet music (I have very ambitious co-workers), in addition to wrapping all 12 doors in butcher paper and hanging garland and ornaments from the ceiling. It turned out well, but I'm completely drained now. It really took all day to do this - although, I did find a way to fit in some real work in. Ah, the art of multi-tasking! I literally cut out music notes and treble clefs while on conference calls all morning, and then again in the afternoon while waiting for automated jobs to finish. But now, I think I'm ready to zone out in front of the TV. Oooh, my favorite show, Dirty Sexy Money, is on tonight!

No comments: