Thursday, December 18, 2008

3M Half Marathon Relay

Holy Moly, I've just committed to running the 3M Half Marathon Relay in January (~6 mile leg per partner). I must be crazy, but this will be good endurance training for my snowboarding trip in February. (Vancouver, baby!)

Anyway, I ran for the first time in a few weeks today. 3.02 miles in 36:38 minutes, for an average pace of 12:08 min/mile. I think if I train consistently, and realistically take into account the amount of free time I'll have (I'm expecting January to be very busy month for me), I should be able to maintain this pace for the 3M Half Marathon Relay. The last 6+ mile run I ran (the Capitol 10K), my average pace was 12:29 min/mile, and that was with A LOT of training. We'll see what happens. I'm staying optimistic!

No comments: