Sunday, April 13, 2008

This morning, I ran the Schlotzky's 5K Bun Run. My chip time was 31:40, which averages out to 10:13 min/mile - my best time yet =) This was also the first time I registered as a timed runner, which I think helped because I had more space to run - this time, I was running with other runners instead of working my way around all the walkers.

Timed running is a different league, though (for me at least!). I saw an old lady, probably in her late 60's, zoom right by me!!! Nevermind my thoughts of failure as a 28-year-old, but I did manage to break away from my self-pity for 2 seconds to admire this older lady. I hope that to be me one day. Silver hair, skin barely hanging on my bones, but zooming by all the 20-somethings and laughing while they cough on my dust! - for me, though, I think I'll wear spandex pants =)

I think a goal I will set for myself is to run a 5K at 10:00 min/mile flat. Sounds easy, but the Texas summer may very well block me from victory. I guess we'll see..

Details of the 5K:
  • ~50 degrees F, clear skies, slight breeze (perfect running weather!!)
  • 1364 Total Finishers - 703 Males / 661 Females
    • Min Time: 00:15:09
    • Max Time: 01:01:04
    • Ave Time: 00:29:07

No comments: