Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Holiday Run

2.06 miles - 27:03 minutes
Average pace: 13:08 min/mile

At my annual check-up last week, I told the doctor that I exercise 2 to 3 times a week, but for the past couple of weeks, I've only been running once a week. I guess I can justify this by saying I'm on my "holiday schedule." That's not slacking off too much, right? =\ Besides, I spent 4 hours at the mall yesterday for Day-After-Christmas Shopping & Returns, which is always complete madness, but it's a great way to fit in some cardio - nonstop walking, dodging other shoppers and baby strollers, and periodic squatting to view merchandise on any low shelves or maybe pull on the occasional pair of pants on sale. Anyway, I guess I won't spend too much time going over details of the Chinese buffet I indulged in afterwards. oops. haha

Well, on a more positive note, even though I've been running less frequently (and at not-so-great times), it's nice to know that I can now run the "Wilson," which is the block surrounding both Wilson Middle School and Shepard Elementary School, without stopping. Back in my grade school days, when we had to run that distance for P.E., I could never do it without stopping. My sides always cramped up, and I always had to take a break. Pretty pathetic, I know. But, now I'm pleased to announce that I am no longer pathetic! haha =)

Happy Holidays!

No comments: